Computer Science Education
The research group in Computer Science Education was established to disseminate teaching experiences and support the development of new courses. Our main goal is to study and support the teaching and learning of computer science subjects (problem solving, modelling and software development).
The group has good international contacts and participates regularily in the organisation of workshops and conferences in the area.
Since 2007, we have an official PhD programme (forskarutbidlningsplan) in Computer Science Education. More information can be found at the Doctoral Studies pages of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Links to projects and further information
- CS Education Resources
- We are a founding member of SPoP, the Scandinavian Pedagogy of Programming Network
- Stepping Stones project
- UFM, Umeå Research Centre for Mathematics Education
- UMSER, Umeå University Science and Technology Education Research
- Home page of SIGCSE, ACM's Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education
- Our local PSP pages
- A tool to support Computer Architecture teaching and learning
Members of the group
- Johan Eliasson (Lecturer)
- Pedher Johansson (Ass. Prof.)
- Lena Kallin Westin (Ass. Prof.)
- Jan Erik Moström (Ph.D., Lecturer)
- Marie Nordström (Ass. Prof.)